Event: February 5, 2019
This event is intended for teachers new to the profession to receive an orientation about their union and their profession.
To attend, you need to:
- Register via this Eventbrite link
- Upon confirmation of registration, book your LOA and TTOC.
- Welcome – Matt Westphal, STA President
- BCTF Induction Ceremony
- Moving Beyond Survival: What New Teachers Need To Know
- Mythbusters: Understanding Your Legal Rights and Responsibilities
- Supports available for teachers
- Professional Relationships
- Collective Agreement Scenarios
- Important Dates; understanding your paycheque; Q & A
- Connect and Network with other new teachers
Info for Leave Of Absence:
Teachers attending this event will have their TTOC paid for by the STA.
Part-time contract teachers who would otherwise TTOC on this day, please submit LOA use Article G. 7 – TTOCs conducting union business
Contract teachers please use Article G.21.7.h – Surrey Teachers’ Association Business
Details: STA New Teachers &TTOCs’ Conference
Cost of TTOC to be borne by: STA
Attention: Julia MacRae
Please book a TTOC for this day through the dispatch system as soon as possible after receiving confirmation that you are registered.